Like many other things in life, good intentions are often swayed by the day-to-day, and the results often oppose the intended purpose. We kind of HAVE to be here, but we want to, but sometimes we really don't and why are we here? Oh yeah, to leech off our parents and masquerade as students while we prance and party our perpetual youth away. Or at least, that is the impression I get from many.
Soon, we forget the core reasons and intentions and crap about expanding horizons aligned with the purpose of being an international student, and stick with our guns instead. Because, really, when there is an easier, more comfortable way of going about our day, why would anyone opt for the hard way at the get-go? We are programmed to find the easiest, most effective means to a solution, isn't this a component of the education we have all been exposed to as well?
I kind of forgotten the whole point of my writing this post. But basically, I am getting tired of being stuck in limbo. Please teach me how to reconcile my cultural roots and the nature of careers in my home country with the education and opportunities that I have been exposed to, that are only available in this short-term, displacement-filled avenue. Why are the options for certain industries so narrow, and the perceptions of them so belittled, that it just "realistically" cannot be explored if you are in search of a steady income? At the end of the day, profit will come through at the exploitation of any product, no matter the field. In my opinion anyway.
I guess we really cannot have our cake and eat it at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment