Monday, February 9, 2009

borderline katy perry but more zooey deschanel

let me just make it clear that the title has absolutely nothing to do with the content of this entry.

*beams delightedly at crestfallen faces*

I came across my old old diary the other day. Yes I kept a diary. To mark and record moments of awakening in my life. *applause*

the hotter my face grew with each turning page, the more the desire grew to incinerate the damn thing to match my burning embarassment.

I am sad to say that my temper has not improved in the least since I was a teenager (it was not so long ago! *pouts*) and I still see alot of my current self in the harsh, sardonic sometimes funny words etched across the tattered pages of a primary school exercise book. And I still seek refuge self-deprecating humour despite harsh realities that have to be faced somberly.

But all those years ago, I made a reference to a woman who used to be a lawyer, imprisoned by Saddam Hussein and driven mad by torture because she was the prosecutioner in a case against him. Her prison walls were found to be smeared in lipstick red writings, Pollocked words and at times long speeches.

when asked why, she just tapped at her temple and said "Because there's too much up here. Too much."

I just found that interesting.

No I'm not going insane thank you very much.

No comments: