Wednesday, November 10, 2010

the constant diarrhoea

I know the title of this post is awfully disgusting but up till the night someone told me that I could block my Facebook feed, I have just had it up to my neck. Yes this is a mini rant, but really, why overshare? why overshare and complain about the consequences? Ultimately, we do have at least some form of control over the things we disclose publicly. Don't rate your own public demise over the amount of information that you choose to expose in the first place.

It is intriguing at times, and I can be quite a nosy person, but hey it's called a wall for a reason, not a closet. I have been guilty of succumbing to mass advertising my whereabouts and my goings ons too. But like the long lost beauty and unpredictability of the analog that I have been recently reminded of, sometimes, I don't WANT to know where you have checked into, where you are now, if you have been shopping again, if you're feeling depressed AGAIN (this is where private messages come in handy) or if you just took a crap.

Just let me peacefully wonder.

No comments: