Sunday, November 28, 2010

Paintings for the Blind

This article pretty much sums up everything I have always wanted to say when I strain to conceive the definition of "working in fashion"

http://notsoswedish.blogspot.com/2010/10/on-19-year-old-fashion-wannabe-dimwits.html

Just last week, I came across a fashion magazine called Dansk, by some chirpy coincidence, handed to me by a friend in Fashion Illustration class, who didn't want to lug it around. I was really surprised and happy that it was not an endless stream of editorial shoots, advert after advert and weight loss advice after weight loss advice, but filled with insightful articles that reinforces the acknowledgment of fashion within culture and timely perspectives. I had long struggled with the fact that fashion was something I loved, but placing too much emphasis on it made me feel shallow and superficial, and I hate having to explain how much more it actually means, because the more I explain things, the more disturbing the sound of my own voice is. I know. I have issues. Bottom-line is, I love this magazine, its satirical articles, and how effortless the layout is. I'm a fan.

No comments: