Monday, November 15, 2010

the way we were

remember when we used to have those long walks across the park? When the smell of the grass filled the air and the future seemed so far away? I remember those scenes in sparkly blues and vivid hues of purple, against the backdrop of that fountain and that royal building. How we would talk and talk and you had to catch a taxi home in the dead of the night, and then we'd continue our lingering conversations on the phone. Now our talks are peppered with up in the air and plans and I'm remembering everything in grey, smouldering lights. Now I look at you and wonder if I would be remembered in the morning, when we wake up and begin all over again. There is no taxi for me to catch, but then again, I am an ocean away.

No comments: