
“It really annoys me that people think every model has an eating disorder, and every model is dumb. Most of the girls are naturally skinny, like me. I don’t have to watch what I eat. I love eating! Especially ice-cream and salty snacks.”
- Suvi Koponen


OOooh you're PUSHING it, Suvi, it just ups my hate factor towards you in my love/hate relationship with media and fashion.
I'd really like to think that chasing beauty is the personal pleasure of every woman, but then I am constantly reminded (and I remind myself) of the fact that it is a media marketing ploy that hones this "Lose 10 pounds in 3 days!", "Wanna Look Like Jessica Alba?", "Get Agyness's Look", "Have Shinier Hair in 7 days!" in women and it is doing VERY well.
Do I move away from it? Uh. No. because I'm confused between hating myself and wanting to take care of myself at the same time and I want to look pweetty but I don't know why
I gravitate towards preeettyy, shiny things like a magpie, I buy buy and buy somemore FOR WHAT FUCK?
Because deep down inside I think beauty is a devastating power. We and the media have turned it into some kind of monster that reduces success and respect from others to a mere first impression. We see this in every high school reunion where looking good as opposed to looking ugly before is some form of redemption, a desperate grasp at second-chance first impressions. First-hand experience don't ask.
It guarantees instant attention and granted, you can do whatever you like with that focus.
unless you insist on consigning to this:

or this:

I think of:
Tamara Mellon
Head of Jimmy Choo/Good-looking/Part of evil marketing ploy to get us to buy Jimmy Choo Shoes and is essentially evil because she looks good
Either way, putting beauty to what we stereotypically consider as "good" or "bad" use, these women are earning big bucks.
and the sick cycle continues.
should I sign myself up for a de-programming thing that helps me shun all things linked to beauty I dread to think how I might emerge with uber hairy armpits.

No comments:
Post a Comment